Monday, September 29, 2008

The Shawshank Redemption

Tribute to the best movie I have ever seen, one of the best ever made.

The first time I saw the movie was way back in about 2001 or 2002 on my brother's recommendation. I liked it then but since i was pretty much a kid back then I didn't really appreciate it much. Next time was some years later when I got the 'full blast' sort of.
The most underrated movie ever, it's impossible to describe in a few words really, almost every aspect of the movie is about perfect. The best part of the movie has to be the voice-overs by Morgan Freeman as "Red". Each one is beautiful, each one is perfect.. the choice of words, tone of speaking, everything.. Events in the film are very well spaced out and the ending has to be one of the best ever. So for all the lesser fortunate souls who haven't seen the film, I strongly recommend getting a hold of it. If you doubt my choice, 376,534 other people have voted to make it #1 in IMDb's list of top 250 movies. Go watch it.

Cheers!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree!

Smart Primate said...

nice label: movie, perfect, shawshank

yeah... i dont think there will be many ppl who will disagree with that, though i know of a few who will... :P

Unknown said...

Yeah it was an awsumm movie
But speaking of the ending,i found the ending of saw 1 best