Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Comptine d'Un Autre Été

This is an impromptu post.

I've been listening to this track for a while now. It's 2 minutes and 19 seconds long. There is many an occassion when I've just put my Windows Media Player on repeat and listened to this track for 20-30 minutes continuously, like now.

It's part of the Amelie soundtrack, by Yann Tiersen. Amelie is the best Romantic movie I've ever seen, definitely in my top 5 list of favourite movies. You should watch it if you haven't already.

The strangely wonderful thing I discovered right now may seem normal to some, weird to others but I find it unbelievably soothing, relaxing, addictive and maybe that's why I've been at it for the last half an hour. It's nearly 1am in the morning and I have an early class the next day.

The thing is, I found a Flash Piano on a site and liked it. This was a while back. Sometimes boredom made me try out songs, tunes and stuff there and I even used it to tune my sitar loads of times. The thing is, I figured out which notes the guy was playing in this song. Knowing those, I tried to add my input to the song. That doesn't mean editing. The song's playing on WMP, I'm playing the flash piano. There is a slight time lag but that doesn't really make much of a difference since I'm not playing the real thing. I've been adding my rhythms and to hear the result is simply awesome. I didn't want to stop, but *sigh* I have to go to sleep now. Maybe I'll listen to the song a couple more times on my mp3 player in bed :)

PS. There's no way to measure how much you like something, a song say but the 'Play Count' column in WMP is a good indicator. Needless to say, this, being my all-time favourite Western music piece, is on the top. The 2nd, 3rd and 4th entries have been played 29, 28 and 26 times since July/August last year. This is the 191st time I'm listening to this track.

No comments: