Monday, October 20, 2008

Weirder Dream

This is a dream I had on 15th September, round about at 8am in the morning. Considering that I remember almost every single detail, this has to be one of the weirdest I have ever seen or even heard someone else recollect in my life.

So I am in this huge auditorium with a big stage which was empty for the time being. It was about half-filled with people my age and also lots of kids in school ( my old school, DBPC ) uniforms. Some of them are facing the stage, some are facing the opposite way ( that is the way the benches were arranged mind you ). Anyway I spot this kid near the back who was sitting alone and I go up to talk to him. Turns out, funnily enough, that kid was me, as a six year old. I somehow had managed to meet a 14 years younger version of myself. Anyway I remember talking to him ( me ) for a while.. we talked about school, about how our shoes were similar, stuff like that. Next, I'm getting the feeling ( finally ) that something ain't right, so I see a friend of mine ( college classmate who recently got a new cellphone with a 3mp camera ) in front and ask him to take a picture of me and me together ( to prove that I had met myself later ). So we go out of the auditorium and land up in the central wing of our school's top floor. It was raining pretty hard outside but anyway both of us stood, my hand on my (younger) shoulder and my friend took the picture. I actually did not expect the picture to come out well ( firstly, the younger me was fidgeting a lot and secondly, there was something going on in my mind, sort of like when you take a picture of anything remotely paranormal, it comes out blurred, like one of the Final Destination movies ). So my friend takes the photo and surprisingly manages to get a print-out of it from his phone ( !!??! ). It turns out to be a bus ticket for the Rs. 4.070 BUT it is, as I expected, sort of blurred in the middle. After all this I go in the auditorium again along with myself. I don't remember talking to him ( me ) after that. I did run into some classmates of mine ( school classmates in class 1A, they were 6-year olds too ) sitting with their back to the stage, about 5-6 of them together.

Next thing I remember, one of our Principals comes on stage, everyone stands up and the morning prayer begins when I realize my shirt was gone. I am standing and praying, without any shirt, feeling a bit embarrassed about it when I spot another schoolmate ( grown up though ) in the same situation. A bit calmer, I started searching for a shirt and fortunately came across an extra one in my school bag. Phew!! Next we line up to go to classes and end up doing so and going to the old 1st floor classrooms in the junior school side. One unnecessary detail I remember is that there were a couple of rolled up "The Telegraph" newspapers lying in the corridor. Anyway we enter class when I realize I didn't have a tie. Only place to search, I open our class cupboard and instead of books and hopefully a spare tie lying around I find it filled with my dad's shirts.. I search frantically and when I finally do come across a few ties in a corner, I feel incredibly drowsy, fall asleep and then wake up ( in real life ). End of dream.

Although some people, like my brother, thought that I had made most of the stuff up later, I didn't..

More weirdness later..

4 comments:

Arundhati Guha said...

Well, if you remember, you told me about this dream on the 15th evening itself! But, you happened to have missed out a few points then!
Do you actually remember that the bus ticket was for Rs. 4.070 and the camera was a 3MP one?! And, is it possible that, while the picture was being taken, something was going on in your mind, when the whole thing was playing in your actual mind?! - Seems that the dream was taking place in a nested loop! You are a genius! :P

Saffrondude said...

Well I remembered that my friend's phone ( in real life ) has a 3Mp camera and yes I do remember the exact value of the ticket :P

Smart Primate said...

You seem to be developing a knack of absolutely 'out of this world' dreams... how can you remember dreams in such fine detail? I usually end up forgetting the topic even after I wake up.

Everything is related to school...
perhaps you were missing school on Sept 15, 2008.

Tisfz said...

8|